PALO ALTO, CA - The Chertoff Group, a premier security advisory firm, will host "Security in the Boardroom" as part of The Chertoff Group Security Series on Wednesday, August 23, 2017, at the Four Seasons Hotel in Palo Alto, CA. Sessions will highlight and demystify technology and policy issues and provide practical tools to board members and management to improve their ability to respond to cyber risk and drive competitive advantage. Attendees will hear from government, industry, and academic leaders driving security technology and policy and interact with like-minded peers who understand the importance of security in both enterprise risk management and value creation.
Panel discussions will focus on topics front and center in the minds of executive decision makers including:
- Role of the Board Director in cybersecurity
- Driving a cyber-aware growth culture
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and security
- Security considerations with distributed ledgers and cryptocurrencies
- Innovation in security risk management
"Since 2013, The Chertoff Group Security Series has become a respected community building event to discuss important national security and risk management, highlight innovation, and network with leading practitioners, policy makers, investors, and thought leaders. Our unique agenda will highlight spotlight sessions with fresh perspectives on leadership and entrepreneurism and attendees will walk away with practical tools for board members and management to improve their cyber fluency" said Jim Pflaging, Principal and Head of both the technology sector and strategy practice at The Chertoff Group.
In its fifth year, The Chertoff Group Security Series is a proven gathering of security leaders for serious discussion around today's evolving threats, policy considerations, innovation, and investment opportunities.
Additional speakers at this event will include:
- Dr. Reggie Brothers, Principal, The Chertoff Group
- Jason Cook, Managing Director, The Chertoff Group
- Eric Frost, Director, Homeland Security Graduate Program, San Diego State University
- Joe Gottlieb, Senior Vice President of Corporate Development, SailPoint
- Bob Griffin, Chief Executive Officer, Ayasdi
- Mance Harmon, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Swirlds
- Brad Hibbert, Chief Technology Officer, BeyondTrust
- David Jevans, Chief Executive Officer, CipherTrace
- Robert Locke, SVP Corporate Development, Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
- Jim Pflaging, Principal and Technology Sector and Strategy Practice Lead, The Chertoff Group
- Ronald E. Plesco, Senior Partner Cyber Practice, KPMG
- Richard Strozzi-Heckler, PhD – Founder + Co-Director of Methodology, Strozzi Institute
- Mark Weatherford, Senior Advisor, The Chertoff Group; Senior Vice President, vArmour
The Chertoff Group is proud to have the following organizations as event partners: The CyberWire, The Cube, SINET and 10FOLD.
To register and learn more about the August 23rd Chertoff Group Security Series, please visit our website at www.chertoffgroup.com/security-series. You can follow the conversation on Twitter using #TCGSecuritySeries.
About The Chertoff Group
The Chertoff Group is a premier global advisory firm focused on security and risk management. The Chertoff Group helps clients grow and secure their enterprise through risk management, business strategy, and merchant banking advisory services. The Chertoff Group, and its investment banking subsidiary Chertoff Capital, have advised on multiple M&A transactions totaling nearly $7 billion in deal value. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the Firm maintains offices in Menlo Park and New York. For more information about The Chertoff Group, visit www.chertoffgroup.com.