Opportunities with The Chertoff Group
Chertoff Group, LLC
Financial Advisory and Consulting Firm
Job Title: Director of Operations
Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Special Assistants
Industry: Financial Advisory – Aerospace & Defense
Required Documents: Cover Letter and Resume
Special Instructions: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Operations”
Download the full position description here.
The Director of Operations will have a proven record of experience in handling a wide range of responsibilities in operations, human resources, human capital management, information technology, and administration. This person will be exceedingly well organized, detail oriented, flexible and enjoy the challenges of leading the daily operations for a dynamic firm. The Director of Operations must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, as well as possess the ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced, high pressure environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Requires expert written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making and a proactive attention to detail.
- Experienced Director of Operations, Chief Administrative Officer, Chief of Staff, or Office Manager with demonstrated ability to negotiate vendor contracts, manage human resource requirements, and lead large and small scale projects.
- Discerning recruiter of new personnel.
- Collaborative, team player who has a proven ability to lead, plan, organize, and prioritize job duties.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability while maintaining confidentiality and exercising sound judgment.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Effective telephonic, verbal and written communication skills
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Liaise with PEO: Work with TCG’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) to do the following:
- Create, update, and implement personnel manuals such as the Employee Handbook, fringe benefits information, PTO policy, and any new Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Administer payroll.
- Manage sensitive personnel issues.
- Manage the relationship and negotiate annual renewal.
- Onboarding/Offboarding: Onboard/Offboard employees, interns, and Senior Advisors to ensure a seamless transition.
- Recruiting: Recruit and vet new personnel and seasonal interns.
- Semi-Annual Reviews: Work alongside Senior Staff to conduct semi-annual staff reviews.
- Management: Supervise six Special Assistants and all seasonal interns.
Office Management & Administration
- Vendor Management: Act as POC for all of company’s business relationships as they relate to operations including IT management.
- Security: Work alongside the Chief Security Officer to mitigate security threats and administer new security measures.
- Contract Review: Work alongside Managing Director to review confidentiality agreements and master services agreements and negotiate changes with the client
- Business Insurance: Oversee relationship with business insurance broker, evaluate changing insurance needs, make recommendation to CEO, and negotiate annual agreement.
- CRM Database: Manage CRM database providing required reports to Senior Staff, conducting weekly maintenance, and providing necessary training for staff.
- Equipment Management: Work alongside IT representative to ensure proper inventory of computers, wireless hotspots, desk phones, and smart devices. Manage loaner process.
- Office Supplies: Ensure DC office is appropriately stocked.
- Database Subscriptions: Monitor renewal deadlines and propose decision memo to Senior Staff on renewal.
- Miscellaneous: Troubleshoot day to day administrative items.
- Firm Infrastructure: Make recommendations and propose budget on new technology and infrastructure tools that would help the company maximize efficiency.
- New Office Launch and/or Office Move for all Offices: Work alongside CEO and office lead to find and negotiate a lease, manage any required build-out, oversee telecom and security install, and ensure that office is up and running at the scheduled time and according to budget.
- Implementation of New Tools: Organize, lead, and execute implementation effort for all approved tools.
- Business Pipeline: Liaise with Senior Staff and Senior Financial Accountant to manage the firm’s business pipeline.
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
About the Chertoff Group:
The Chertoff Group is a global security advisory firm that provides consulting, business development, and M&A advisory services for clients in the security, defense and government services industries. Founded by former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff, the firm assists clients in areas related to counter-terrorism, cyber security, border protection and surveillance, identity management, defense procurement, law enforcement, fraud and supply chain security. The firm is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in London, New York and San Francisco.
For a full list of principals and more information, please visit http://www.chertoffgroup.com/.
We’ve been there, on the
front lines, dealing with the
United States’ most critical
security challenges. >>>
The Chertoff Group offers
unparalleled subject matter
expertise to give you the
competitive advantage. >>>
Get the latest news and information from The
Chertoff Group. >>>
“Our principals earned their reputations through direct operational responsibility and demonstrating successful results. By applying that same dedicated ‘hands on’ approach, we are now helping our clients achieve their objectives.”