Opportunities with The Chertoff Group
The following opportunities are currently available at The Chertoff Group. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Strategic Communications Associate (Washington, DC)
- Analyst, Business Strategy (San Francisco)
- Senior Associate or Associate - Investment Banking - Security, Defense, Technology & Government Services (Washington, DC)To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Strategic Communications Associate
Location: Washington, DC
The Chertoff Group is seeking an Associate who can assist our team with ongoing marketing and strategic communications activities including the creation and maintenance of new content and marketing material, website content management, social media activity, and event coordination. An ideal candidate would have two to four years of experience, be able to think creatively and proactively contribute to a small strategic communications team.
- Create and manage content for The Chertoff Group’s web presences and e-mail marketing (requires working with content management software and basic familiarity with HTML and CSS); Track and report website metrics
- Work with Adobe InDesign software to create layouts for different products including invitations, event programs, white papers, newsletters, corporate communications and other marketing material
- Maintaining a consistent look and feel and brand visibility across firm websites and marketing material
- Help prepare presentations and related material for specific events and meetings.
- Copyedit and proofread marketing material both for print and online presence for accurate and high-quality work
- Track, support and help coordinate event planning and logistics relating to firm events and media activities
- Help execute firm’s social media strategy, including presence and communication through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Linked-in
- Draft and proofread internal and external communication for distribution
Position: Analyst, Business Strategy
Location: San Francisco
Chertoff Group is seeking to add to its San Francisco team analysts in its Business Strategy practice areas. Our Business Strategy analysts serve a critical role in applying creative problem-solving skills, along with research and analysis, to help deliver solutions to clients. The job functions of a Business Strategy analyst may include: performing competitive assessments; conducting technology evaluations; and providing financial analysis on companies and organizations in the technology, defense and security sector worldwide. These professionals create a baseline of research and analysis to inform our strategic guidance to clients. Our analysts are critical members of The Chertoff Group team and support a wide range of engagements, which may include developing market penetration strategies, conducting due diligence on behalf of investors, and preparing for a sell-side transaction process.
We expect our analysts to be nimble in their approach to client engagements, and occasionally provide support across our other practice areas, to include Investment Banking. Our analysts have early opportunities to work directly with clients and to travel domestically and internationally in support of client engagements, as well as to attend relevant industry conferences and tradeshows. We offer a competitive compensation package in-line with industry standards, as well as a generous benefits package. Compensation levels will vary based on the candidates’ background and years of experience.
The Chertoff Group’s San Francisco office is seeking analysts with the following qualifications:
- One to three years in management consulting, financial advisory, corporate strategy or other operational role in a technology- or security-focused field. Candidates should be able to articulate how they will apply skills learned in previous roles to complex client issues in the technology and security sectors.
- Strong quantitative skills, with an ability to transform complex analysis into written and presentation documents. Excellent writing skills and presentation development capabilities are required, and candidates must have mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, with ability to understand, assess, and articulate complex business, market, policy and/or technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage rapidly changing assignments.
- Demonstrated financial background is a plus, including understanding of financial statement analysis, the M&A process, and company valuation techniques.
- Self-starter with proven abilities in independent judgment and analytic methodologies.
- Ability to travel for client work that can range from 20%-30%.
About the Company
The Chertoff Group (TCG) is a global advisory firm that provides strategy consulting, security risk management, and merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory services for clients in the technology, security, defense, and government services industries. With decades of trusted leadership experience across both government and financial services, The Chertoff Group advises clients on how to manage their risks and grow their business within a complex technology and security market. The Chertoff Group and its investment banking subsidiary Chertoff Capital have advised on several M&A transactions totaling more than $4 billion in deal value. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the firm also maintains offices in London, New York and San Francisco.
Position: Senior Associate/Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Investment Banking – Security, Defense, Technology & Government Services
Job Function: Merger & Acquisition Advisory
Chertoff Capital Profile:
Chertoff Capital is a leading provider of merger and acquisition (M&A) advisory services to corporations in the national security sector. Our clients consist of leading mid-tier defense technology, cyber security, and government contracting companies who are considering an M&A transaction, principally a company sale or business unit divestiture. We are growing rapidly and are looking for talented professionals to join our Washington-based M&A team.
Chertoff Capital is the investment banking subsidiary of The Chertoff Group (TCG), a global security advisory and strategic consulting firm founded by former Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff. TCG combines industry thought leaders in security, defense, technology, and government contracting with senior subject matter experts who have served at the highest levels of government, including leadership positions at the US Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and Justice, as well as at the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency.
Ideal candidates should have a demonstrated financial background, including experience in accounting and valuation methodologies, strong analytical capabilities, keen verbal communication abilities, and excellent writing skills. Candidates should also be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and ability to work both independently and as an integral team member. Applicants should have at least four years of work experience in investment banking or a similar field.
Individuals will become an integral part of our investment banking team. This position offers opportunities to interact with executives of leading defense contracting firms and provides unique exposure to our firms’ national security thought leaders.
- Support senior deal team members in the management of project deliverables and transaction processes;
- Perform financial analyses on client companies including DCF, comparable transactions, and public company analyses;
- Draft executives summaries, information memoranda, and other marketing or related documents;
- Research and develop potential buyer/investor and other target lists;
- Manage due diligence process;
- Gather and synthesize industry information from multiple research sources, including the internet, industry reports, trade publications, our senior subject matter experts, etc.;
- Manage junior team resources in creating content for use in TCG work products;
- Help prepare and negotiate term sheets and engagement contracts; and
- Support recruiting and training efforts.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, preferably with concentrations in finance, accounting, economics, or related field from an accredited university OR a minimum of four years of financially focused work experience
- Work Experience: Applicants should have at least four years of work experience in investment banking or similar field
- Mastery of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated understanding of financial statement analysis, the M&A process, and company valuation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage rapidly changing assignments
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Prior due diligence and transaction execution experience
- Series 7 or 79
- US Citizen
- Competitive compensation package in-line with industry standards
- Generous benefits package
- Compensation levels will vary based on the candidates background and years of experience