Opportunities with The Chertoff Group
The following opportunities are currently available at The Chertoff Group. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate/ Senior Associate, Security Services - Cyber (Washington, D.C.)
- Internship, General (Menlo Park, CA; Washington, DC; New York, NY)
- Internship, Strategic Communications (Washington, DC)
Position: Associate/Senior Associate, Security Services (Cyber)
Location: Washington, DC
The candidate will have experience delivering high-end consulting services and demonstrated subject matter expertise in cybersecurity risk assessment and risk management. The Associate/Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting engagements to assess enterprise information security risk. The successful candidate will assist in maintaining strong client relationships, coordinating internal project team interactions, conducting research, reviewing documents and participating in interviews where appropriate, and contributing to necessary deliverables to meet/exceed client needs. The Associate/Senior Associate will be exceedingly well organized, flexible, should enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic office, and must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive business information and client issues.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity risks including current threat environment, common threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and related vulnerabilities
- Familiarity with information security policy and regulatory environment and associated business risks
- Proven written communications skills in PowerPoint and Word that demonstrate understanding of client/stakeholder issues and clearly articulated recommendations
- Fluency with cybersecurity risk frameworks including, but not limited to, NIST, Council on Cybersecurity 20 Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense, and ISO – COBIT and HITRUST are an additional plus
- Understanding of networks, infrastructure and operating systems
- Strong familiarity with information security program best practices, trends and common weaknesses
- Collaborative, team player who has a proven ability to identify and define objectives while managing resources and a team within a budget plan
- Three-to-five years of U.S. Government and/or Private Sector security experience with a proven track record of success
- Candidates should be able to articulate how they will apply skills learned in previous roles to complex client issues in the commercial security sector
- Strong presentation and communications skills, with ability to understand, assess, and articulate complex business, market, policy and/or technical issues.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage rapidly changing assignments
- Ability to travel for client work that can range from 20%-35%
- A cybersecurity/information security certification such as CISSP, CeH or other widely recognized credential is not required but would be an additional qualifying factor
- Minimum education requirement: bachelor of science/bachelor of arts (masters preferred but not required). Science, technology or engineering degree desired but not required.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Associate- Cyber” and the date of your application in the subject line of the email.
Position: Internship, General
Location: Washington, DC; Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY
Position: Internship, Strategic Communications
Location: Washington, DC
The Chertoff Group is a premier global advisory firm focused exclusively on security and risk management. The Chertoff Group helps clients grow and secure their enterprise through business strategy, mergers and acquisitions, and risk management security services. Headquartered in Washington D.C., the firm maintains offices in Houston, London, Menlo Park, and New York. For more information about The Chertoff Group, visit www.chertoffgroup.com.
The Intern position offers unique exposure to thought leaders engaged in security and risk management as well as hands-on experience with media relations, event management, marketing strategy and techniques, communications research and writing. The Intern will primarily support Strategic Communications operations but will have the opportunity to work with individuals across all lines of business focusing much of their duties on administrative and research support as well as event logistics. The position provides opportunities to gain invaluable knowledge about the technology and security industries as well as marketing and media relations.
- Monitor and conduct issue focused research and draft summary memos and reports
- Provide logistical support to prepare and execute firm wide events. This could include venue research, list building, registration management, and day of event coordination.
- Perform daily administrative duties in support of the Strategic Communications team including setting up locations for media interviews, contact management, media monitoring and reporting, and research and execution to support communication projects and initiatives
- Potential to work alongside Communications Associate to prepare and produce marketing materials
- Assist with website responsibilities to include updating new content and developing ideas to use the website to market firm activities and strategic campaigns
- Assist with writing and editing media advisories, website language, and collateral materials
- Research and build firm’s master media list
- Provide administrative support and scheduling assistance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from a top-rated university with strong academic performance in marketing or communications course work.
- Work Experience: Previous work in communications or marketing such as with a public relations agency, congressional office or corporate communications environment preferred but not necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Polished, professional, and detail oriented
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Content Management System (CMS) preferred but not necessary
- Experience with social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- US Citizen