Opportunities with The Chertoff Group
The following opportunities are currently available at The Chertoff Group. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Director, Security Services
Location: Washington, DC
Job Function: Client Management and Business Development
The Chertoff Group is currently hiring a Director of Security Services for its Washington, DC office. The candidate will have a proven record of delivering high-end security consulting services and demonstrated subject matter expertise in physical security, enterprise risk management, intelligence, and investigations. The Director will be responsible to assist with capturing new business opportunities and then to work independently with little or no supervision to execute on client work. The Director will nurture the company’s relationship with new and existing clients, assemble and manage the project team, and produce the necessary deliverables to meet client needs and exceed expectations. The ideal candidate will be exceedingly well organized, flexible, should enjoy the challenges of working in a dynamic office, and must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive business information and sensitive client issues.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Proven business development aptitude and network built on a track record of professional success
- Deep familiarity with physical security and risk management industry best practices, including familiarity with threat and vulnerability assessments, physical security surveys, organizational assessments, and open source intelligence collection and analysis
- Collaborative, team player who has a proven ability to identify and define objectives while managing resources and a team within a budget plan
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Five-to-ten years of private sector security experience with a proven track record of success
- Candidates should be able to articulate how they will apply skills learned in previous roles to complex client issues in the commercial security sector
- Excellent presentation and communications skills, with ability to understand, assess, and articulate complex business, market, policy and/or technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple projects concurrently, and manage rapidly changing assignments
- Self-starter with proven abilities in independent judgment and analytic methodologies
- Ability to travel for client work that can range from 20%-70%
- Security certifications such as Certified Protection Professional (CPP) and/or Physical Security Professional (PSP) preferred
To apply for the Director of Security Services position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director” and the date of your application in the subject line of the email.
Location: Washington, DC; Menlo Park, CA; New York, NY